Irritable Bowel Syndrome/Beano?! and Fat

DaisyDo wrote at 2010-04-01 19:06:19
I find this possible link between flatulence with onions and Fabry's to be very interesting. For many years I have suffered severe flatulence and explosive diarrhea whenever I eat cooked onions. The volume of gas created is simply amazing.

Also for many years I have been developing the burning hands and feet, ringing in the ears, and now cardiomyopathy, which are also found in Fabry's. I am finally going for the genetic testing for Fabry's later this month.

Kris wrote at 2011-07-10 05:08:29
Heather,

I bought your book over eight years ago to try and improve my IBS.  It gave me a lot of great information.  This week I am being tested for Fabry's disease, so interesting comment.  Digestive problems are common in people with Fabry's. No doubt there are some with IBS who do indeed have Fabry's.  The condition is underdiagnosed.

HappyMom wrote at 2016-01-25 20:51:59
From a mother who's watched her son in "digestive" distress, I will tell you; he had formula issues as a baby.  He could only tolerate Good Start, marketed with "small simple protein, and simple sugars". I got Beano as an, "might as well" try, and read up, then he told me it was working! I was Thanking God! He has the mind or anxiety - gut issue, the gut issue doesn't help quiet the mind.  The Beano does what it says, adds a missing enzyme. It's been better than any prescription he's tried.  If you're not allergic to it, try it, ask your mom (if you still can) if you had formula issues as a baby. It's an obvious, but over looked place to start. Good Bless and stay well.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Heather Van Vorous