Irritable Bowel Syndrome/before bed snacks

I am managing my IBS by excluding meat and dairy. My remaining isue is a snack before bed and what eat? I work evenings and get home at 12 midnight, and though I have tried not to eat I have to have something. Toast or cereal makes me wake up with nausea, and I need fruits just dont cut it. Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Bud, I would suggest that you try porridge oats before bedtime as these are often tolerated well and filling too. You mention that cereals and toast are out, but what about a nice nutritious sandwich on white (crusts off) or maybe a white rice dish or noodles. Rice cakes are a quick and filling option with your favourite topping or even a jacket potato, but avoid the skin. You can read more about IBS diets on my web site, IBS Help Online or try Heathers diet options which are good too.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Dr Peter Thatcher MBBS, MRCPI. IBS Physician & Gastroenterologist

I can answer questions on all aspects of IBS or the Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Medicine and Gastroenterology. This would include aspects of diagnosis, investigation and management of IBS and other gastroenterology or medical conditions.

I am a Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist in the United Kingdom. I qualified as a physician in 1993 and have been practicing Medicine and Gastroenterology ever since. I regularly run gastroenterology clinics and 1:4 patients have IBS. I am also the web master of IBS Help Online, an Irritable Bowel Syndrome help site.

British Society of Gastroenterology Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro, Cornwall. UK

Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist, Fully UK Trained Medical Degree at Kings College School of Medicine & Dentistry 1993 Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland Examinations 1997

MBBS 1993 MRCPI 1997