Irritable Bowel Syndrome/IBS D

Question
Hello, i have suffered with this condition for 9-10 years now (im only 22), i have taken 100's of  tests and scans (all clear expect have pcos and intestines are little inflammed/bleeding) and follow a diet (no gluten, lactose, eggs no sugars, alcohol, caffeine, some veg and fruit any stimulants) and take many nutrients and bacteria and do lots of exercise.
I struggle with lots of side effects of headaches, insomnia, anxiety, body aches, lots and lots of diarrhoea and spasms every single day, I have seen all sorts of specialists in Uk, asia, and HK medical and non-medical. I have been on a detox to clear it all up too as was the only one in our group who had different results. But year after year my condition has seemed go get worse and i just really cannot cope anymore....i skip out on a lot in life due to my stomach and it is effecting my family and quality of life, i really do not what to do now, im constantly researching and stuck, please help me if you have any ideas, thanks so much.

Answer
Sorry to hear that your symptoms are so bad. I note you have multisystem symptoms and these may be helped with hypnotherapy. You might also benefit from Colestipol for your diarrhea if you haven't already tried it or Sucralfate. I see you have tried the dietary root, but you might also like to try Manuka Honey as this may also provide you with some help.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Peter

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Dr Peter Thatcher MBBS, MRCPI. IBS Physician & Gastroenterologist