Irritable Bowel Syndrome/stomach pain

Question
Hi,my age is 28, i am suffering from stomach pain from last 1 year. 3-4 months back i was ok, but from last 1 month i see dis comfort and pain in my stomach again. 2 months back around 5-6 times i got up suddenly in my sleep feeling thirsty. I seen blood in my stool for 3-5 days, now its stopped. My doctor advised me to go for complete body checkup i done following blood tests: liver function test, kidney function test, thyroid test, urine, stool tests and also i did abdomen and pelvis ultrasound test. All my reports were normal and doctor told me to contorl eating non-veg and control my diet. Now i am feeling ok but i dont know why this stomach pain started from last 1 year. Also i see more pain when i return from travelling long distances. Whenever i drink more milk, tea, or non-veg it makes my stomach upset and uncomfort and pain. If i control my diet avoiding milk, tea, and non-veg i feel some what ok. Could you please help me what is the exact reason for his stomach pain?? do you advise for any further tests?? Also i am doing some stretching exercises about 45 minutes daily from last 6 months to look tall and strong, does stretching exercises cause any stomach pain??  Please help me do i need to consider its serious and need any further examination?? i dont like to go for endoscopy at this age, even my doctor advised me to not to go for endoscopy.  Now i am feeling ok but i am bit worried about why this stomach pain comes sometimes. Do i need to stop my stretching exercises??? Looking forward for your reply and thanks in advance

Answer
Hi Krishna - I am so sorry, but I cannot diagnose you. If you don't feel that your doc has properly diagnosed you, follow up with him or see a new doctor.

"Stomach pain" is not the same thing as IBS. You need a firm diagnosis, so you can move forward with treatments that will help you.

There is diagnostic criteria and questions for your doc about IBS here http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/ibs.asp

Best,
Heather

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Heather Van Vorous