Irritable Bowel Syndrome/thin stools

Question
I am a male 61. I had 3 colonoscopy's  in my life.  I have had normal bowel movements for me (1 or 2 in the morning. They were always well formed). I had my colonoscopy about 2 months ago. The doctor found 2 very small benign Hyperplastic polyps. They were removed no problem. Since then, I have regular bowel movements (in the morning 1 or 2 times a day very occasionally go next day). I have no pain or blood,etc.  But they are thin and loose and sometimes small parts.  they are brown, (like my other color). This happened right after my colonoscopy....Does this sound like the new "normal" for me right now?  
the dr.'s office nurse said it doesn;t seem a problem, but if it keeps up or if I get concerned, I should see my primary care.
I am sure it isn't cancer, cause it was just checked out and as I said they just removed 2 very small benign polops.
does this sound like a concerned or what do you think it might be?...Or should I just wait and see for a few more months?   Thanks

.

Answer
Hi Ed - I'm really not sure what could be going on. It is good that your doc thinks it's not a problem, but odd that this happened after the colonoscopy.

Since you don't have pain or diarrhea/constipation, it can't be diagnosed as IBS. The easiest way to address this might be to up your soluble fiber increase and see if that makes a difference. You can eat more soluble fiber foods http://www.helpforibs.com/diet/fiber1.asp or add in a soluble fiber supplement http://www.helpforibs.com/supplements/sol_fiber1.asp

Hope this helps a bit,
Heather

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Heather Van Vorous