Irritable Bowel Syndrome/ibs disease

Question
Respected Doctor:I am syed ali ul ahsan naqvi a 35 year old male from rawalpindi pakistan.

My height is 171 cms 5 feet 8 inches and i weight around 69 kilograms.Sir My parents tell me that even when i was an infant i had this severe problem of loose unformed stools and my parents were extremely worried regarding which milk would suit me?Then i grew a bit older and even then my parents tell that they used to check my faeces/stool and it was either loose or so much unformed and un digested that they could see all undigested vegetables and fruits in my faeces/stools.Then in matriculation i started a little weight lifting at home.And probably due to exercise my health and digestion improved a bit.That was the period when i used to eat a lot without having this issue of loose stool and i became healthy.Then again after doing Intermediate i again had this problem of loose stools.I kept on losing significant weight and appeared weak and skinny.Another thing to mention here is that since childhood I also had ENT related issues like blocked nose sinusitis throat infections swollen tonsils etc.

When I was about 25 years old I consulted a senior professor of gastro enterology in Rawalpindi Pakistan,and that gastro enterologist got all my routine blood tests like blood cp blood esr blood LFT and also got my barium enema test.
All test reports were clear and didnít show any disease.The senior gastro enterologist diagnosed IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME and prescribed me medicines.It was around year 2005.Since then I have this issue that for few months after taking medicines I become healthy gain weight and issue of loose stools becomes settled but again after few months same problem again re appears.
Sir! I have consulted around 6 senior gastro enterologists during these years and I have taken a lot of medicines like ventek librax debridat folic acid pavoxin cr entamizole ds capsule gut care flaggyl enflor atarax amylein aracol ecotec lomotil zeespa tofranil seroxait colofac mercip oxy tetracycline slazopyrin leflox axcin paraxyl prothiadine xifaxa nasacol kestine  .There was another gastro enterologist who tested me for anti transglutaminase IGA but results were all normal.
Sir I have also tried few homeopathics and traditional asian  medicine specialists famous by the title of hakeem in Pakistan.
Sir my gastro enterologists dis agreed on the issue of using ispaghol husk and I experienced very positive outcomes by using ispaghol husk on empty stomach but just for few weeks.Later problem relapsed.

Sir please advise me what can I do?

Syed ali ul ahsan naqvi
Rawalpindi Pakistan

Answer
Hello - I am so sorry for what you have gone through. I would try gradually increasing the isphagol husk dosage, as you had good results with that. It's not uncommon to need to occasionally raise your fiber supplement dose.

I'm also going to send you to the five key strategies for managing IBS:

http://www.helpforibs.com/news/newsletter/IBSQuickie/5keystrategies_ibs.html

Best,
Heather  

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Heather Van Vorous