Islam/marriage to father's cousin?

Muhammed wrote at 2008-06-28 07:30:20
I would like to point out that this answer is wrong.This is because no where in the ayah given does it show that cousins cannot be married and quite the contrary it is this very aayah that proves otherwise and which many prominent Islamic scholars hold out for saying that cousin marriages are allowed in Islam.Cousins are just like other unrelated men and women for each other.Please understand the ayah's true meaning and what it implies before putting it up as a proof and making people ignorant about what it actually conveys.

DR. MOHAMMED FARID ALI wrote at 2015-04-08 05:16:32
Asslamu Alaikum wrb. I think the brother was asking about marrying his father's cousin which is an cousin-aunt if I may say so. So the answer given to him is not related to his question. Thank you.  

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.