Islam/Parents don't agree to marriage

Sara wrote at 2013-03-01 03:22:38
You must obey your parents. If his parents refuse the marriage, he cannot proceed as he is going against Allah's commands. Allah commands you to obey your parents under all condition but one, if it is an action against Allah or Islam.

You and the boy will ruin your akhirah if you disappoint your parents. You're better off convincing them and showing them your positive points, or else you will just earn their buadduas and live an unhappy life. If you cannot make the parents agree, the best thing for you is to walk away from one another.  

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.