Islam/Choice of future wife

Ghr1 wrote at 2011-10-04 17:56:20
Hi there. I am a Muslim but by no means an expert and am learning more all the time. I was hoping to try and help you understand.

The first thing I would say is that Muslims can only be 100pc sure of what is written in the Quran. And as far as I am aware, no where in the Quran does it require women to fully cover themselves. I have been told that the Quran says women (and men) should dress modestly.

I would also add that my understanding is that men and women are allowed to meet to talk pre marriage. So I hope that clarifies things for you.

Islam is not an unreasonable religion and the more I learn about Islam from the Quran the more I feel it is a wonderful religion and that it is a gift to me to have learnt about it. Please also if you do read the Quran, try to read and understand it as a whole and not just a few paragraphs as that can be very misleading.

I hope that helps, but thanks for being curious and asking the question.

Ghr1 wrote at 2011-10-04 17:57:00

Qadri wrote at 2013-03-27 14:55:37
Brother, Islam doesnt require woman to cover head to toe. Actually the Holy Bible also states that woman should cover

1 Corinthians 11:6). As far as finding a wife, many times the mother or sisters will help find a sutible mate for you, and yes you can refuse if you're not interested. Usually, you will have plenty of time to know her. Hindus also often arrange marriages. Muslim men do not see women as livestock. Muslim men commit to takeing care of the wives. THe Holy Quran teaches us to live with them in kindness. Interestingly, you say Islam has many strange ideology, but in many ways it's parallel with Christianity and Judaism. Thank you brother for your question. I pray you will continue to seek knowledge.  

Islam

Imam Habeeb