Islam/Iddah and my daughters school occasion

Salams... i had a Fasah divorce from my 1st marriage as he was a womaniser. i have a daughter from him who is under 4yrs of age. after divorcing him.. i got married again but later had to face so many troubles in that marriage too..he beated me up etc.. and the worse thing was he disliked my daughter and treated her as a stranger. after facing so many hardships i decided to divorce him under Fasah divorce as my daughter was emotionally getting affected. i got my Fasah Divorce and im in my Iddha now. my question is how long is my Iddha period? there is a confusion regarding this. also i want to know whether i could attend my daughters first ever school function as only my dad is with me in my house. my mother is abroad with my brother. i feel sad to send her alone with my dad.. also if i can attend the concert, should i cover my face? Please b kind enough to answer my questions as soon as possible.. May Allah bless you!

~Glory & Praise be to Allah, the oft-merciful & oft-forgiver~

Assalamoalykum warehmat allah wabaraktuh

Dear sister,

First of all, read this duaa please.
Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger (salallaho alyhi wasalam)of Allah said: "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: 'Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?"'

Related by Bukhari, Muslim and others.
Second, I am sorry I am not aware of the term Fasah.

1- If it is a divorce by your husband, the iddah is three menstruation cycles.

“And divorced women shall wait (as regards their marriage) for three menstrual periods”
[al-Baqarah 2:228]

2- If it is a khula (end up of relationship by your side); the iddah is one menstrual cycle.

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas that the wife of Thaabit ibn Qays ended her marriage to her husband by means of khula’ at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) commanded her to observe an ‘iddah of one menstrual cycle.
(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1185; Abu Dawood, 2229. Also narrated by al-Nasaa’i (3497) from the hadeeth of al-Rabee’ bint ‘Afra’. The two hadeeth were classed as saheeh by Ibn al-Qayyim)
Third, yes you can go and attend the school function of your daughter. Covering of face is a necessity, if there are (non-mehram) men irrespective of being in iddah or not.

Ibn Qudaamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in al-Mughni (8/130): The woman who is observing 'iddah may go out and do errands during the day, whether she is divorced or widowed, because of the report narrated by Jaabir who said: My maternal aunt was thrice divorced and she went out to harvest her palm trees. A man met her and told her not to do that. She mentioned that to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) and he said: “Go out and harvest your palm trees; perhaps you will give some of it in charity or do some good.”
Narrated by al-Nasaa’i and Abu Dawood.
May Allah compensate you with the better things. Insha'allah

And Allah knows best & He is the source of strength

More than 5 years...

I will remain a learner till my last breath, In sha Allah