Islam/Abraham and Isaac

When Abraham was commanded to sacrifice Isaac on a mountain top, what is the spiritual meaning of this account?  At the end a sheep is found in the thicket and it is sacrificed.  What is the celebration or honoring of this event in Islam faith called?  When does it take place? tks for your response

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Through this incident Allah/God wanted to teach mankind many things.

1. Obedience of the Prophet to revelations.
2. Trust in Allah (Allah will never cause harm to his loyal servants).
3. The beleive in the unseen.
4. Obedience of a son to his father.
5. Not give in to satanic temptations in obeying Allah even in extreme cases.

A muslim is obligated to make a once in a lifetime pilgrimage (if he can financially afford the trip to Mecca). During this trip (which is called Hajj) certain rites and rituals have to be performed. One of the rituals include stoning the 3 pillars. These are the places where satan tried to distract and deviate Prophet Ibrahim when he was on his way in order to sacrifice his son.

The Hajj season starts from the 8th day of month of Zul Hijjah (12th month of Muslim Lunar Calendar). The lunar calendar shifts 10 days every year (compared to solar calendar). We had Hajj on 25th October 2012.

[Quran 2:197] For Hajj are the months well known. If any one undertakes that duty therein, Let there be no obscenity, nor wickedness, nor wrangling in the Hajj. And whatever good you do, (be sure) Allah/God Knows it. And take a provision (With you) for the journ ey, but the best of provisions is right conduct. So fear Me, o you that are wise.

you can read more about it on the following website.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.