Islam/Being Cursed

I am teenager and I have been reading about the harms of music and alcohol. I have been, if I may tell you, sining for several years now. I read that a house with music and alcohol is cursed and prayers are not accepted. Well, my house is full of alcohol and music! I am very confused. Have I been sining because of these things in my house? Should I not be so hard on myself? How can my prayers be accepted? I feel like some shaitan has gotten a hold of me for years. How do I know I'm cursed? How can I be cured and stop sining while in this house ishallah? I feel guilty of my past sins but I keep sining and would be relieved to know if the root of my ill's stems from this predicament. If feel awful and have always sought to be a good person ishallah and hope this was the main reason for my problems. Thank you so very much.

Its good you are conscious about these sins however what you are not having control over you will not be sinning!

Allah forgives all sins so do not be paranoid about what you have done in the past.

3:135 And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring Allah to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins,- and who can forgive sins except Allah.- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.