Islam/Peace

Question
Can Zakah be given in the form of food, clothes, etc.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

Yes, it can be given in the form of cash, food, clothes and in any other kind, but definitely
not left overs or old or used.

Zakat is given the day the income/salary comes to your hand after deduction of country's taxes
ect. from the the income/salary.

Am reproducing the ayat from the Koran below for your knowledge to follow accordingly.

6:141
He is the One who established gardens, trellised and untrellised, and palm trees, and crops with different tastes, and olives, and pomegranate - fruits that are similar, yet dissimilar. Eat from their fruits [if they ripen]*, and give the due alms on the day of harvest, and do not waste anything. He does not love the wasters.

Further, the recipients of the zakat as per the Ayat below that you can follow:

2:215
They ask you about giving: say, "The charity you give shall go to the parents, the relatives, the orphans, the poor, and the traveling alien." Any good you do, God is fully aware thereof.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed