Islam/The Practice Of Performing Muttah today

As far as my knowledge goes, the practice of Muttah was stopped by Prophet Mohammed (sas) after the Jang-e-Khyber and then was declared haram by the Second Khalifa Hazrat Omer (ra), but my Shia friends disagree on this matter. They say that Muttah was declaraed Halal in Surah-e-Nissa and no one has the authority except Allah to declare something Haram which is considered Halal by Allah (Surah-e-Nissa). They say that Hazrat Omer(r.a.) declared Muttah Haram on his own authority and that is one of the reasons the Shias say bad words for Hazrat Omer(r.a,)
Please answer this question in the light of the Quran and Sunnah as to when was the practice of Muttah declared Haram and by who?
Jazak Allah Khair

The quran prohibits marriage for lust. Mutah marriage is a sort of religious prostituion which is haraam as per the following ayat.

[Quran 4:24]
Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess: Thus hath Allah ordained (Prohibitions) against you: Except for these, all others are lawful, provided ye seek (them in marriage) with gifts from your property,- desiring chastity, not lust, seeing that ye derive benefit from them, give them their dowers (at least) as prescribed; but if, after a dower is prescribed, agree Mutually (to vary it), there is no blame on you, and Allah is All-knowing, All-wise.

The purpose of marriage should never be lust. Those who agree for mutah marriage, ask them will they ever rent their sisters/daughters in such a way ?

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.