Salaam Alaikum Shaikh, What is the prayer of those who turn to ALLAH (Salaat-ul-Awwabeen) which is also called the prayer of heedlessness, because of people's obliviousness to it due to sleep or the like, and the least is two rak'ahs and the most is twenty, between Maghrib and Isha? Is there any reference about this prayer in Hadith? Jazaak ALLAHU Khair.

Awwaabeen is the six Rakaats of Salaat after the Maghrib Salaat. It is established from the Hadith.

Rasulullah [sallallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam] mentioned, "Whoever performs 6 Rakaats after Maghrib Salaat will earn the reward of 12 years of Nafl Ibaadah." (Tirmidhi)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

“Awabeen” has also been mentioned in the Hadeeth:

a) One who offers six rakaat prayer after Maghrib prayer speaking nothing but what is good in between the two prayers, will earn reward equal to the worship of twelve years. (Ibn-e-Maja, Ibn-e-Khuzaima, Tirmidhi)

b) Aisha (RA) narrates that Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said that Allah (SWT) will build a house for the one who prays 20 Rakat after Magrib Salah (Tirmidhi)

Ulama have stipulated that

“Awabeen” consists of a minimum of “six” and a maximum of “twenty” Rakaat and they have assigned this name to the optional Salah after Marghrib and it has been there practise to read these prayers. The disagreement over the name “Awabeen” will have no bearing on the validity and virtues of these prayers.

and Allah knows best

hadith daef - weak hadith is not fabricated hadith and can be used for fadail and virtues of good deeds.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.