Islam/Shias say that...

Salaam. Sir Shias say that original hadith is: Prophet (pbuh) said: “I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate”. Shias say that Sunnis added in this hadith “I am the house of knowledge and Abu Bakr is its foundation, Umar is its walls, Uthman is its roof and Ali is its gate”. One sunni friend told me that it is in Sahih Bukhari. I checked on islam-qa and they mentioned that the hadith “I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate” is in Tirmidhi and not authentic. But they did not mention the other hadith in which Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman are mentioned. So is this hadith of Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman authentic?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Why you go for hadith when the Quran is their for our guidance. Hadith is a dictionary of the quran and is only needed to explain the ayats of the Quran.

If you argue on the basis of hadith, you will create controversies/divisions/hatred etc. Therefore stay away from such topics which is restricted to hadith only.

Our imama/guide/door/sky/window/foundation is the Quran. The Prophet came to deliver the Quran. The sahabas read and obeyed the Quran (be it Omar/AbuBakr/Ali etc)

Those who obey the Quran will be in Paradise. Those who do not, will get punished.

Bukhari Volumn 009, Book 092, Hadith Number 391.
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "Leave me as I leave you) for the people who were before you were ruined because of their questions and their differences over their prophets. So, if I forbid you to do something, then keep away from it. And if I order you to do something, then do of it as much as you can."

unnecessary questioning

[Quran 5:101] O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. Allah has forgiven that, and Allah is Oft­Forgiving, Most Forbearing.  

[Quran 5:102] Before you, a community asked such questions, then on that account they became disbelievers.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.