Islam/We all belong to Allah (swt)

Question
Assalamalaikum,
We know that we all belong to Allah-Ta-Ala. He is one one who creates us and gives us death as per the day he decides. My question is we all are born as Muslims, only difference is for the people born in a non-muslim household. Now they follow what they are taught in their house. They do not pray Namaz because its not taught to them.Irrespective of our religion, we know good and bad. Some non-muslims may not know so much about bad deeds the way we muslim know, because Islam teaches everything deeply. Allah gives Rizq and success to even non-muslims. Allah does not differenciate when it comes to happiness, as even non-muslims live happily and with success all because Allah has given them Nemat. Now when a non-muslim dies, he is still the one whom Alla-Ta-Ala has created. So when a non-muslim dies, can we do prayers for his forgiveness for any deed that was done wrong by him? Because after all he too belongs to Allah-Ta-Ala like we all living beings and departed souls do.

Answer
Waalekum As Salaam and Juma Mubarak!

Whet do you understand the meaning of Muslim is?

Muslim means the one who believes in the Oneness of the Almighty and submits to the Almighty
unconditionally.

Hence you will find Muslims in all communities so far they do not attach anyone to the Almighty
or worship idols or worship other than the one creator.

Coming to salat, zakat, fast it is there in all the religions and how they follow steadfastly
is between them and the Almighty.

So we are not the one to judge who is a Muslim or not, however if you know a person who has
worshiped other than 1 Almighty or an Idol worshipped or a pagan, however close you me be to
him/her, you cannot ask the Almighty Allah for forgiveness.

For simple reason, the Almighty Allah has given all, AN opportunity to redeem in case they
are being lead astray and if they chose the other way and die, then the Almighty Allah has
ordained punishment on the Judgement day to those who has gone astray.

Below verse that appears twice in the Koran 2:62/5:69 should clarify many of your apprehensions
in mind:

Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who
believes in GOD, and believes in the Last Day, and leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all tot he true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.  

Islam

Azam Mohammaed