Islam/celebrating new year

Question
assalamualaikum brother..... 1.my question is regarding wishing new year .... is it permissible or forbidden? n also why we mustn't celebrate gandhi jayanthi n why we shouldnt wish happy diwali n holi??
2.if something falls down for examples money,food,paper,book,etc we touch it with hand n touch it with our eyes .. is it right practice to do??

Answer
Wallekum As Salaam!

As we are in a country following Gregorian calender, it is no sin to wish each other happy new
year, but drinking and causing trouble/inconvenience to others is definitely an issue and sin.

Who said you shouldn't celebrate Gandhi Jayathi, when you celebrate Independence and Republic
days then why shouldn't Gandhi Jayanthi as a mark of respect to the man who was instrumental in
getting India independence.

Coming to festivity greetings most of the festivals in India are traditional and connected with
seasons, virtue winning over evil and so on.

If a non Muslim is wishing you on Ramadan and Bakrid, then why shouldn't we wish them on Diwali
or Baisaki or Holi which are lights, harvesting and color festivals..

Please read Koran in the best language you can understand and you will never come across these
kind of doubts at all as you don't have to rely on ignorant Mulla's who are are now worldly
wise and try to propagate these kind of un-Islamic teachings that is not good for communal harmony.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.  

Islam

Azam Mohammaed