Islam/Divorce and confusion

Salam !!! I am married for almost 3 years , but after 2 year I realised that my husband is quite tricky when it's about spend money on me ,
1. I was a little girl with lots of dream   . I want to study more n more , but my husband stoped my education for two years , he said he doesn't have any money . But I have seen him buying new car and so many things bt still he doesn't have any money for my study . Even he was not letting me to do any job to save money for study .
2. Our sexual relationship is not good he hardly feel attraction for me . As I am famous as his beautiful wife .
3 . He is too much rude to me that sometime he punch in the wall , throwing staff . Breaking things
Tried to hit me bt never hit me still now .
4. He always put me down and said that its his bad luck that he got married to me
And I m luck I have got a husban like him
After of so many hard time I decided to divorce him bt  he doesn't know about it becaus I can't tell him about this until he is not give me money for my admission and we both applie for uk visa extension , after that I can get admired to college for my study , my family and everyone and me of purse decides to leave him but he doesn't know until my admission . Well so many tough things I have faced thatz y I decided to give him divorce but my main question is
Can I  stay with him in between this time b4 divorce do I need to maintain all rules of marriage in between this time , because everyday is a nightmare with him , he treats me as a servent trust me I am not lying , I said istikhara and trying to say my prayer 5 times.
Hope I will get proper islamic solution

You have every right to separate form this abuser and as such staying with him until the divorce is finalized and you have spent your iddat is allowed and also conditional however in a case of abuse and fear you have every right to live somewhere else until its finalised.
God help you.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.