Islam/eid meelaad unn nabi s.a.w.w

assalamoalaaikum !!
im 22 year old..i lived my most of life out of Pakistan
in Pakistan..people celebrate Eid Milaad unn Nabi on 12 rabi ul awwal with graet zeal n zest..they do lightings of green colour naat shareef on loud speakers..hold celebrations n processions..
is that right at this huge level?
sahaba e karaam dint practised all these..according to my knowledge..
in arab countries I didn't see any such thing on a huge scale like this
so is this bidd'aa??

It is a bidat.
However sometime that's all they know and it takes time for them to learn the right thing- millions over the eyars have be guided away from these customs- so be patient and learn wisdom as to how to deal with it- sit at the feet of wise scholars.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.