Islam/Invitation to Islam

Question
Dear Sir,
I invite you to accept Islam. we Muslims belive in all the
messengers of Allah including Jesus christ. we love him and respect him on the authority of our dear Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Muslims believe that God's messenger Jesus, son of Mary, on whom be peace, did not die yet. God tells us in His own words that Jesus was raised up by God and that he was neither killed nor crucified (see Qur'an 4:157-158). Furthermore, God tells us that in order to foil the plans of the unbelievers, God recalled Jesus and raised him up (see Qur'an 3:55). Muslims understand from these Qur'anic passages that Jesus did not die.

Muslims believe that Jesus will be coming again. A common explanation of verse 159 of Surah 4 in the Qur'an is that when Jesus returns, the people of the book will each believe in Jesus as he really is. Another verse in the Qur'an calls Jesus, on whom be peace, a sign of the day of Judgement (see Qur'an 43:61). This was further explained by the prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, when he said that Jesus's return will be a sign that the day of Judgement is near.

God alone knows the full wisdom behind what He does. We can only try to understand some of the reasons. With God's help we can point to several reasons why Jesus will be coming again. One reason is that when the angel Gabriel announced to Mary about the birth of Jesus, he prophesied that Jesus will speak to mankind while he is a baby and again when he is mature (see Qur'an 3:46). The Arabic word Kahlan here translated 'maturity' actually refers to a maturity at 40 years old. When Jesus comes back he will live to this age and the prophecy will be fulfilled. Jesus also foretold his death (see Qur'an 19:33). This too will be fulfilled when he returns, and Jesus will be buried in Medina near his brother in faith, the last prophet, on whom be peace.

Another reason for Jesus's second coming is that he will be honored with the opportunity to personally correct the belief of his people. Too many have disbelieved and rejected him. Many others have believed incorrectly about him. When he returns, everyone will believe in him correctly. Yet another reason for his coming is that some of his teachings have been forgotten (see Qur'an 5:14), and replaced by misguided teachings (see Qur'an 5:77, 9:30). Jesus will have the honor of breaking the symbols of such false teachings and dramatically confirming his true teachings which were also taught by his brother in faith, the last prophet, on whom be peace.

A further reason is that in the last days an evil man called the Antichrist will arise. He will spread much corruption on the earth. Jesus will return to slay this man and restore peace on earth.

As to why Jesus alone and no other prophet will come back is for God alone to say. The above are only a few indications.

Finally, we must admit that Jesus, on whom be peace, was very unique. His entry into the world was unique, his departure was unique, and his return will be spectacular. The Qur'an rightly calls him "illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah)" (Qur'an 3:45).

Answer
Dear Shakeel,

Peace to you! Thank you for your message from which I detect a real concern for me.

I have been reading the Koran and I discovered an astonishing truth that gives hope for eternal life in heaven. Please read Sura Al-Imran 3:42-55 below and consider the questions and answers in the commentary box. Kindly send your comments to me afterwards:

Translation by M.M. Pickthall   
42 And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah hath chosen thee and made thee pure, and hath preferred thee above (all) the women of creation.   وَإِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ يَا مَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ اصْطَفَاكِ وَطَهَّرَكِ وَاصْطَفَاكِ عَلَى نِسَاءِ الْعَالَمِينَ
43 "O Mary! worship Thy Lord devoutly: Prostrate thyself, and bow down (in prayer) with those who bow down."   يَا مَرْيَمُ اقْنُتِي لِرَبِّكِ وَاسْجُدِي وَارْكَعِي مَعَ الرَّاكِعِينَ
Commentary box: At a dark moment in the history of the world, Allah did something very unusual.  Allah spoke through an angel to a young virgin woman named Maryam.  He told her that He had chosen her for an unusual role.
44 This is part of the tidings of the things unseen, which We reveal unto thee (O Apostle!) by inspiration: Thou wast not with them when they cast lots with arrows, as to which of them should be charged with the care of Mary: Nor wast thou with them when they disputed (the point).   ذَلِكَ مِنْ أنْبَاءِ الْغَيْبِ نُوحِيهِ~ِ إِلَيْكَ وَمَا كُنْتَ لَدَيْهِمْ إِذْ يُلْقُونَ أَقْلاَمَهُمْ أَيُّهُمْ يَكْفُلُ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا كُنْتَ لَدَيْهِمْ إِذْ يَخْتَصِمُونَ
Commentary box: The Koran says the angels cast lots to see who would be given the privilege to guard over Maryam during the time of this assignment that Allah had given her.
Muslims often call Jesus “Isa-Rohullah.” Why do we call ‘Isa' by this name? The answer is in the next verse.
45 Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! God giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to God;    إِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلاَئِكَةُ يَامَرْيَمُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُبَشِّرُكِ بِكَلِمَة ٍ مِنْهُ اسْمُهُ الْمَسِيحُ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ وَجِيها ً فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالآخِرَةِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ
Commentary box: Allah said that He would put his Word into Maryam. “Word” is also the word for ‘breath’ or ‘spirit of Allah.’ (Sura Al-Nisa, 4:171) So the Koran teaches us that ‘Isa Rohullah' means “Jesus the Spirit of Allah.” Also commonly used is, “Isa Kalamtullah” which means “Jesus the Word of Allah.”  Allah’s Word” (Rohullah) would become flesh in the form of a baby. Allah told Maryam to name the baby ‘Isa Masih'. 'Masih' means, “The Anointed or Promised One” Isa would be honored by all people in this world and forever in heaven.  Finally, Allah said that Isa would be one of those nearest to Himself.
46 "He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. And he shall be (of the company) of  the righteous."   وَيُكَلِّمُ النَّاسَ فِي الْمَهْدِ وَكَهْلا ً وَمِنَ الصَّالِحِينَ
Commentary box: There was something about Isa’s birth that is a testimony to the whole world!  Allah also said that Isa would be righteous. Isa never sinned.  
47 She said: "O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man hath touched me?" He said: "Even so: God createth what He willeth: When He hath decreed a plan, He but saith to it, 'Be,' and it is!   قَالَتْ رَبِّ أَنَّى يَكُونُ لِي وَلَد ٌ وَلَمْ يَمْسَسْنِي بَشَر ٌ قَالَ كَذَلِكِ اللَّهُ يَخْلُقُ مَا يَشَاءُ إِذَا قَضَى أَمْرا ً فَإِنَّمَا يَقُولُ لَه ُُ كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Commentary box: Maryam was shocked by the news that Allah had given.  How could she have a baby?  No man had ever touched her.  But Allah explained to her that He could do anything He wanted.  All He has to do is say “Be!” and it is so.  Sura Al-Imran 3:59 says that ‘Isa is like Adam.  This is true, because both of these prophets were born without a father. What is the significance of being born without an earthly father? The answer is apparent when you realize that Adam, before he committed his sin in the garden and became evil, walked with God in the garden. Adam could walk and live with God because he did not have any sin. At first, Adam was righteous and holy, but once Adam committed sin by disobeying Allah, he and all of his descendants became unholy and could no longer live together with the holy God.
Adam and Eve were banned from the Garden and from the presence of God because of one single sin. Anyone who has committed only one sin has become a sinner and cannot go to heaven and live in the presence of God. Trying to do enough good works to cover each and every sin committed is an impossible task. Adam committed one sin and was cast out of God’s presence without any hope of returning there. We, his descendents, still share the same fate. In Sura Ta Ha 20:121 we read:
“Then they (Adam and his wife) both ate of it, so their evil inclinations became manifest to them, and they both began to cover themselves with leaves of the garden, and Adam disobeyed his Lord, so his life became evil.”
All of us are children of Adam, except one! His name is ‘Isa Masih” If Isa was born without a father, can he inherit his father’s sinful nature?”  “No”.
The Koran is giving HOPE to an increasing number of people! Allah gave a Word to Maryam in the form of ‘Isa'. He is a Word of Hope for the entire world. In Sura Al Anbiya 21:91 we read:
“And she (Maryam) guarded her chastity, so We breathed into her of Our spirit and made her and her son a sign for the nations.”
Do you know of any other prophet who is as holy as Isa?
48 "And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel,   وَيُعَلِّمُهُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَالتَّوْرَاةَ وَالإِنجِيلَ
Commentary box: The Scriptures (Holy books/kitabs) that were before are the Taurat (Torah), the Zabur (Psalms) and the Injil (Gospel). Surah Yunus 10:94 refers to them:
“And if thou (Mohammed) art in doubt as to what We reveal unto thee, then question those who have read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee.  So be not of the waverers.”          
49 "And (appoint him) an apostle to the Children of Israel, (with this message): "'I have come to you, with a Sign from your Lord, in that I make for you out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, and breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's leave: And I heal those born blind, and the lepers, and I quicken the dead, by God's leave; and I declare to you what ye eat, and what ye store in your houses. Surely therein is a Sign for you if ye did believe;   وَرَسُولا ً إِلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ أَنِّي قَدْ جِئْتُكُمْ بِآيَة ٍ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ أَنِّي أَخْلُقُ لَكُمْ مِنَ الطِّينِ كَهَيْئَةِ الطَّيْرِ فَأَنفُخُ فِيه ِِ فَيَكُونُ طَيْرا ً بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَأُبْرِئُ الأَكْمَه ََ وَالأَبْرَصَ وَأُحْيِ الْمَوْتَى بِإِذْنِ اللَّهِ وَأُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا تَأْكُلُونَ وَمَا تَدَّخِرُونَ فِي بُيُوتِكُمْ إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَآيَة ً لَكُمْ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنينَ
Commentary box: Allah demonstrated His power through Isa. Those suffering from leprosy were healed, the blind received their sight, and even the dead were raised to life again. What is our greatest enemy? It is death caused by Satan! Isa has power over our greatest enemy.  No one overcomes death – but Isa did! The world has been waiting for a prophet who could conquer our greatest and final enemy –death!
50 "'(I have come to you), to attest the Law which was before me. And to make lawful to you part of what was (Before) forbidden to you; I have come to you with a Sign from your Lord. So fear God, and obey me.   وَمُصَدِّقا ً لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَلِأُحِلَّ لَكُمْ بَعْضَ الَّذِي حُرِّمَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَجِئْتُكُمْ بِآيَة ٍ مِنْ رَبِّكُمْ فَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَأَطِيعُونِ
Commentary box: Isa said that his life verified or confirmed what the prophets had spoken about him in the ‘Before Kitabs (Holy books).’ The old prophets spoke much about ‘Isa Masih'. There are over three hundred prophecies about Isa spoken by the prophets. For example this one in Isaiah 7:14 was written 758 years before the birth of Isa; it says:
“God himself shall give you a sign, ‘Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name, Emanuel.”          In the original Hebrew language, the name ‘Emanuel’ means, ‘God is with us.’          
51 "'It is God Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight.'"   إِنَّ اللَّهَ رَبِّي وَرَبُّكُمْ فَاعْبُدُوه ُُ هَذَا صِرَاط ٌ مُسْتَقِيم ٌ
Commentary box: Isa said that the Straight Path is to worship Allah alone.
52 When Jesus found Unbelief on their part He said: "Who will be My helpers to (the work of) God?" Said the disciples: "We are God's helpers: We believe in God, and do thou bear witness that we are Muslims.   فَلَمَّا أَحَسَّ عِيسَى مِنْهُمُ الْكُفْرَ قَالَ مَنْ أَنْصَارِي إِلَى اللَّهِ قَالَ الْحَوَارِيُّونَ نَحْنُ أَنْصَارُ اللَّهِ آمَنَّا بِاللَّهِ وَاشْهَدْ بِأَنَّا مُسْلِمُونَ
53 "Our Lord! we believe in what Thou hast revealed, and we follow the Apostle; then write us down among those who bear witness."   رَبَّنَا آمَنَّا بِمَا أَنْزَلْتَ وَاتَّبَعْنَا الرَّسُولَ فَاكْتُبْنَا مَعَ الشَّاهِدِينَ
Commentary box: In order to get all of the people of the world to worship Allah alone, Isa asked for some helpers. A small group of men (the disciples) came forward and said that they are Muslims and that they will help Isa. In addition, they said that they believe in Allah’s message and the Messenger (Isa) that He sent down. (Translations such as by Muhammad Asad, Sher Ali, Dr. Muhsin Khan and Dr. M. Taqi-ud-Din Al-Hilali say, “that He sent down…” Down from where?  Obviously, Isa was sent down from heaven.
54 And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and God too planned, and the best of planners is God.   وَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ
55 Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.   إِذْ قَالَ اللَّهُ يَاعِيسَى إِنِّي مُتَوَفِّيكَ وَرَافِعُكَ إِلَيَّ وَمُطَهِّرُكَ مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَجَاعِلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّبَعُوكَ فَوْقَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِلَى يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأَحْكُمُ بَيْنَكُمْ فِيمَا كُنْتُمْ فِيه ِِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ
Commentary box: It is exciting to read in the Koran that those who follow Isa and do his work will be lifted above all the unbelievers in the world. If I wanted to get from here to the capital city, who should I choose to help me?  Should I choose someone who has never been there or someone who knows the way and lives there now? According to the Koran, Isa came down from heaven and is in heaven today.  Therefore Isa knows the way and can help us get there.
Let’s Review What the Koran Says About Isa:
1)   Isa was born without a father and therefore did not inherit  Adam’s sinful nature.
2)   Allah put His Word and Spirit into Maryam.  Isa = God’s Word/Spirit.
3)   From His childhood, Isa lived a righteous and holy life.
4)   Allah gave Isa tremendous power to heal the sick and raise the dead to life.
5)   Isa has power over our greatest enemy, death.
6)   Allah Himself taught ‘Isa the Holy Kitabs (Books).
7)   The men who helped Isa in his ministry of telling the unbelievers to worship the one true God were called Muslims.’
8)   Allah lifted Isa to Himself. He came from Allah and was raised back to Allah.  So, Isa knows the way to Allah.
9)   Muslims who join in Isa’s work will receive blessings from Allah and will be more blessed than the unbelievers in this world.
Can this prophet, Isa, help you and me get to Allah? Can Isa show you and me the way to eternal life with Allah in heaven? If anyone wants to know more about Isa, they must read the Holy Kitabs – Torah, Zhabur, Injil (Old and New Testaments) According to Sura , the Cattle, 6:115-116 those books have not been changed and are still reliable today. Would you like a free copy  and/or a six lesson study course from me?

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

Islam

A. Abraham