Islam/My Muslim husband

Please help me! I am an American and I am married to an Egyptian , I am Christian he is Muslim. We have been married for 5 years and have no children. I had my tubes tied when I was 22 and we had planned when we got married to have the surgery and have them untied and after we were married a few years he just said he did not want to have a child now. Last night he came to me out of no where and said I wish I had never met you, I love you so much but I feel moving to the USA has been horrible for me and all my friends have kids and I have nothing and now you are old you are 39 and I am 33 . He told me I want to take a second wife from Egypt and have kids with her and we can all live together! I said I can still have children and he said no you will help raise the children I have with my second wife! I am so heart broken I can't not eat or stop crying! I love my husband ! After he said all this to me and watched me cry he said I do not see why you are upset it is not like I am going to do it now! Please tell me what to do what am I doing wrong?

You are within your right to refuse and rightfully hurt by his comments although this is possible for him to do but this is not legal so be strong and separate your self from him temporarily so he may know you are serious as he cannot force you to live with another woman and her child.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.