Islam/Muslims View

Dear Imam Habeeb,
I have a question about Muslim views on homosexuality, the LGBT community, and gay marriage. How does Islam view homosexuality?
How do Muslims view homosexuality? Do they all condemn gay marriage? I'm not Muslim. In Christianity, it's generally frowned upon, but some Christians do accept homosexuals and gay marriage.
Thank you.
- George K. Mae

Islam doesn't approve of this lifestyle however it respects the fact that each and every person has a right to their own pursuit of happiness and are free to practice what they believe in- as such you will not find such unions solemnized but again these folks are part of the community and their lifestyle doesn't remove them from their Faith. As matter of fact we have to work with them with compassion on issues of fighting stigma and helping people get testing for HIV, etc.
I have spoken to persons of this orientation who felt they were no longer Muslims and stopped practicing but after hearing this prospective starting their fasting and prayers again.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.