Islam/Without parents' knowledge: haram?

Al-Salaam-Alikum Wa Rahmato Allah Wa Barkatoh
Hello sister,
This is sort of a silly question, but I don't think it will ever stop lingering on my mind if I don't find an answer.
I'm a teenage female. I think I suffer mental problems. Possibly depression. After prayer today, I cried so hard I couldn't breathe: I was suffocating. I wore my abaya and went outside the apartment, without my father's knowledge (we both live alone, temporarily), because I wanted some fresh air. I just went to a small shop, a grocery, right next to my building (barely a 10 second walk) to get a chocolate bar and I went back home. Less than a 2 minute trip.
My question is: is it haram that I went out without my father's knowledge, although I was aware of what I was doing, for some fresh air and a bar of chocolate? I have never done that before, but I'm afraid I might do it again. Do I have to tell my father?
Jazaki Allahu Khairan.

Allahu Akbhar
Allahu Akbhar  
Wa alayikkum salaam warahmathullahi Wabarakathuhu my dear sister

May Allah make your heart at peace and make it tranquil Aameen

As you didn't mention any possible reason behind your depression I cannot give you a well fitting answer but indeed you must let your father know once you step out of your home as it is your duty and stepping out home with out your guardians knowledge may turn up dangerous to you . So you should avoid doing that in future and seek repentance from Allah...indeed Allah is merciful...

I would recommend you to read the book : Dealing with Worries and Stress;English Translation;Book by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Here is the link

Do write me back if you need any further help  in shaa Allah

Wa Antum fa jazzakhumullahu khairan

May Allah make everything easy for you sister..Aameen  

Sister-Friend in Islam ( Muslimah)

Adimistrator of an Islamic group of more than 5000 members from all over the world. Helping them in various stages of their doubts by seeking and searching authentic answers to help them. I am also a facilitator of Islamic Online University and also running an Islamic page and blog having more that 4000 followers, Alhamndhullilah ! By a teacher by profession I learned psychology and it helps me a lot to understand people and their feelings.

Islamic Online University, and follows all organization which follows Quran and Authentic Hadith .

Publications and In a few daily Newspapers ,Expresso stories,

Masters in English with TEFL, Dawah Course from IOU, Research on Islamic Issues and good reading on the same and trying to sort out an answer which is close to authenticity by quoting famous scholars.

Best Teacher Award. Writer, Poet, Got prizes in versification and writing essay ,poems etc

A lot to mention here,both through phone and majority through email.