Islam/salah for females

I am a 36 yrs old revert to islam.I have learned offering salah from different people.I have read online that for females the way of offering salah is a bit different from males.but have also read that the all muslims are directed to offer salah the way our prophet (pbuh) did.Though its said females should sit with their legs out on the right side and when in sadjah their arms can touch the ground (as males aren't supposed to).I want to know what is the correct way for the females to offer salah.whether its like the males or is it not.
 Secondly if one forgets to offer sana in salah what should be done.
thank you.
jazak Allah.

Spreading your feet to the side modestly is prove for females Salah accordingly although some people adhere strictly to the injunction to Pray as you see me pray- if you forgot the sana the salat is still valid as its is only mustahab- recommended and not a complusory act of salah.

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.