Islam/What to do?

I saw a cricket match on tv and due to that I forgot to pray(due to the excitation)...then I began to think that I should give up watching cricket,as it has caused me to forget to pray...and maybe I should give up all the things that cause me to forget prayer(the excitating or thorough mental engagement stuff)...but a thought also comes in my mind that some work may also cause one to forget his prayer(useful work) so one should give up that work too?...The Prophet(PBUH) also gave up a garment with an ornamented border as it distracted him from salah...and also a muslim should never give up the remembrance of mind is confused please answer if possible from authentic sources and with clearity(including what I should do?)

You do not have to give up any such things. Distraction is part of the process of remembering Allah otherwise you will be an angel but you are human. So pray when you can and enjoy life.

28:77 "But seek, with the (wealth) which Allah has bestowed on thee, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget thy portion in this world: but do thou good, as Allah has been good to thee, and seek not (occasions for) mischief in the land: for Allah loves not those who do mischief."

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.