Islam/is cockfight haram?

Assalamualaikum,i would like to know if chicken cockfight is haram?,most people would say haram,but i just dont see it..i know that some cockfight has some gamble in it,and yes i know gambling is haram..but what if someone cockfight for the sport,with no gambling and no Knife..bcoz cockfighter breeds were born agressive and thats just how they are.and also Allah create all creature as it is,they are what they are..fighting chicken are agressive,tall body posture,strong leg,strong,wings,strong body and neck and are very wht im saying is Allah create them to fight(i guess)..since all the facts on fighting chicken is more to a Soldier like chicken..

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother/Sister,

Extremely sorry for the late reply. My computer caught a virus and today was able to get it fixed.

Allah has mentioned that poultry are amongst the good things that can be consumed by humans - fighting and amusement from such activity can be ruled out.

However in the absence of any prohibition there will always be controversy in correct ruling.
But seeing an animal fight and wound each other - can not be allowed.
Islam is a religion of peace and thus such cruelty may not be allowed.

[Quran 17:53] And say to My slaves that they should (only) say those words that are the best. (Because) Shaitan (Satan) verily, sows disagreements among them. Surely, Shaitan (Satan) is to man an open enemy.

[Quran 49:10 The Believers are but a single Brotherhood: So make peace and reconciliation between your two (contending) brothers; and fear Allah (God), that you may receive Mercy.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.