Islam/Gays

Question
Hi sir i want to know what jesus has told about gays relationship because one of my friend is telling that jesus has told something about gays relationship its not sin to be a gay is it true.

Answer
Hi Akmal,

Peace to you! Thank you for your good question. Traditionally the Biblical teaching has been very clearly against gay relationships:

Leviticus 18:22  Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Jesus says in the Injeel that the sin of homosexuality, like all other sins, can be forgiven through repentance (=be sorry, turn around and do not to it again) and faith in him as described in the Bible. Jesus did not come to condemn but to forgive.

Gays are asked to stop living out their homosexuality. This, of course, is not an easy thing to do, like many other things God calls us to. Jesus did say in the Injeel that those who wish to follow him will suffer in this world. We can follow God's way with God's help and with the view in mind that one day the suffering will stop when followers of Jesus have been promised heaven for certain.

Unfortunately, today, even some so called Christians are teaching that people have a right to be living out their inclinations because they should not suffer. However, this position is not Biblical because, we are away from Paradise in an evil world where suffering is a natural result of the rebellion of humans against God.

Kind regards,

A. Abraham  

Islam

A. Abraham