Islam/Jumma prayer

Assalamalaekum. I have two questions regarding Jumma prayer:

1- How many rakaat are there in Jumma prayer besides 2 Fardh?

2- Are all these rakaat part of Jumma prayer? I mean should they be offered with intention (niyat) of offering Zohr prayer or Jumma prayer?

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother/Sister,

Please buy this book

1. There are various hadiths that specify the following.

4 sunnat + 2 fardh + 4 sunnat + 2 nafl
2 sunnat + 2 fardh + 2 sunnat + 2 nafl
4 sunnat + 2 fardh + 2 sunnat + 2 nafl

but let me inform you that the fardh is obligatory - sunnat/Nafl can be read as much as possible.

AbuDawud Book 002, Hadith Number 0863.
Narated By AbuHurayrah

The first thing about which the people will be called to account out of their actions on the Day of Judgment is prayer. Our Lord, the Exalted, will say to the angels - though He knows better: Look into the prayer of My servant and see whether he has offered it perfectly or imperfectly. If it is perfect, that will be recorded perfect.

If it is defective, He will say: See there are some optional prayers offered by My servant. If there are optional prayer to his credit, He will say: Compensate the obligatory prayer by the optional prayer for My servant. Then all the actions will be considered similarly.

2. Jumma Prayer consists of 2 parts - Khutba and 2 rakat Salah.

The sunnat/nafl prayer are just offered to gain more sawaab. They are not part of the obligatory prayers.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.