Islam/Reading from the Quran during Night Prayer?

Eid mubarak and salam w alaikum :)

I wanted to ask if it was permissible to read suraas from the quran during night prayer if one has not memorized many suraas?

I don't know many suraas so I was just wondering if I could read from the Quran during night prayer. I would read it when I have to recite a suraa and afterwards place it on a minitable I have beside me.

Is this permissible? I found two sources that contradicted each other so I hope you can explain which is the proper way.

Thank you very much :)

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother/Sister,

Of Course you can read any surahs - it will not disturb your salat.

What are the 2 sources saying - can you please copy me.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.