Assalamu aleykum,
Iím in a desperate situation.. The following happened to me: my husband was in a really bad mood and kicked me and my child out of the house a month ago.. We had to move to my parentsí house where me and my kid are currently staying. He hurt me a lot during our life together and when he kicked us out it was the last drop for me, he never cared about me and kid, if we are alive, healthy, if we need anything, he never even provided for usÖ I definitely didnít want to go back to him after all the bad things he did and I asked to give me talaqÖ Finally he did it while we were chatting on Skype but in several hours he wrote the following: I revoke my divorce, you are still my wifeÖ My question is: If I donít want him and Iím definitely not going back can he revoke divorce without my agreement? If he can than logically how it can work if all the same Iím physically not going back to him and he canít force me to do so? Me and my parents are against of this marriage. Unfortunately Iím living in non muslim country and I donít have an opportunity to apply to Islamic court and donít have money to apply to Islamic court abroad. Since my husband wrote ďtalaqĒ Iíd like to consider that Iím divorced since I never had an intention of going back. Please clarify this situation for me, can I consider myself divorced?
Jazak Allahu alkheir.

Actually, I only returned from out of  town two days ago and got some programs / meetings pending to attend too Inshaa Allaah - So, I apologize for not being able to answer your question at this time - please forgive me for that Inshaa Allaah-  as soon as I have some availability , I will try to answer your question Inshaa Allaah -however, please do not hesitate to send me a reminder  Inshaa Allaah

In the meantime, please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

Islamic Scholar

BRIEF BIO Shaikh Shafayat was born, in Trinidad, West Indies, where he attended College etc.. Due to his multi-faith and cultural upbringing, he was awarded a scholarship to become a Christian Minister. In 1975 he went to India to study Islam and became the first student from the Caribbean and North America to have enrolled in Darul Uloom Deoband, which is the largest and oldest Islamic Institute in India. In addition to graduating as a Qaari and Islamic Scholar, he also did a course in Journalism and established the Al Hikmat Muslim Magazine, plus he produced many television and radio programs in Trinidad and Florida USA. In 1983 he founded the National Muslim Sports League of Trinidad and Tobago, which established the Islamic Home for Children. He is the Founder/Principal of Darul Uloom Institute in Pembroke Pines Florida and the first Muslim to become President of the Interfaith Council of South Florida in the year 2002. He organized and conducted many Christian / Muslim / Jewish Dialogues in Churches, Synagogues and Islamic Centers in the U.S.A.. Shaikh Shafayat was the first Muslim to represent Islam at a Florida State Faith Summit, held at the Capitol Building with Gov. Jeb Bush in the year 2000. He is a recipient of the Silver Medallion Award from NCCJ (a national interfaith organization) and a recipient of the Peacemaker Award from St. Thomas University in Miami. For many years he lectured on Islam and terrorism to Pembroke Pines Police of South Florida and other Law Enforcement Officers. He lectures throughout the U.S.A. and worldwide on Islam, Interfaith Issues and Cultural Diversity.