You are here:



Assalamu Alaikum Hazarat,

I am a reverted muslim, and married woman since 19 years.  In India, we are staying in a rented house for the past 2.5 years. The building where we are staying is a joint property, and all the brothers and sisters are staying in the same building.  The owner of our house is not staying here, and he is a gentle man.One boy who is the nephew (8 year old) of our house owner has stolen money from our home. An when I asked about that the boy's mother had a fight with me, justifying her son. Then after some days the house owner's mother called me as a Kafir, ( because I am a reverted muslim). So I yelled that lady and again we had a fight.  The neighbour is also the brother of the house owner had also started quarreling with us because of the consumption of the electricity. What happend, the neighbour is using air condition for a longer time and he started levying the bill on us.  We are not filthy, but in between all the financial crisis, we are paying the excess electricity on behalf of him.  Last Friday, the neighbourhood man dismantle all the water connection ( Pumping motor) and made us struggling without water for more than 12 hrs. We suffered a lot because I have two children who are going school and college. And my age old parents are also staying with me. So I lost my temper and I cursed them that they will get punishment from Allah, and they will suffer with their family.  Now somebody told me that you are not suppose to curse them. But what to do? They had done a lot of injustice to us.  Now they are asking to vacate the house immediately.  The house owner is not ready to pay the advance amount.  Please guide me Whether I have to made Tawba? Is is wrong to curse the people those who done harm to us?


That is your human instinct- to curse those who hurt you and hurt you unjustly. Even Abu Bakr Siddique did it to one Quraish who was insulting the Prophet.
However if you feel guilty then it is a sign that you need to make taWba for it and seek their forgiveness because a wrongful curse may turn against the person who did it.
May Allah help you.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Imam Habeeb


Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.


I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.



Past/Present Clients
Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.

©2017 All rights reserved.