Islam/Our prophet's hadith (pbuh)

Salam Alykum,
In the Quran it says that our prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) "ما هو الا وحي يوحى اليه" .
when God said that, what did he mean?, did he mean that that just includes the Quran.
If yes, what about the hadith that predicts the future ( talking about the small signs of  the day of Judgement). God should be the only one who knows what the future brings.

Thank you.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

A good Question.

The revelation used not to come all of a sudden and in normal ways. It had a specific method and people new that what is now going to come out of the mouth is a direct word of God - Part of the Quran.

Narrated 'Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah's Apostle "O Allah's Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?" Allah's Apostle replied, "Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ' off after I have grasped what is inspired. Sometimes the Angel comes in the form of a man and talks to me and I grasp whatever he says." 'Aisha added: Verily I saw the Prophet being inspired Divinely on a very cold day and noticed the Sweat dropping from his forehead (as the Inspiration was over).

Its this revelation that Allah says in the Quran :

53:1 By the Star when it goes down,-
53:2 Your Companion is neither astray nor being misled.
53:3 Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.
53:4 It is no less than inspiration sent down to him:
53:5 He was taught by one Mighty in Power,
53:6 Endued with Wisdom: for he appeared (in stately form);

26:192 Verily this is a Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds:
26:193 With it came down the spirit of Faith and Truth-
26:194 To your heart and mind, that you mayest admonish.
26:195 In the perspicuous Arabic tongue.

Further Allah says which will clear your doubt.

75:16 Move not your tongue concerning the (Qur'an) to make haste therewith.
75:17 It is for Us to collect it and to promulgate it:
75:18 But when We have promulgated it, follow you its recital (as promulgated):
75:19 Nay more, it is for Us to explain it (and make it clear):

So what we have in the form of the Quran is the original revelation as the above ayat clarifies that Allah collected it and promulgated it.

As for the hadith - it was sayings of the Prophet and is recorded in books after 300 years of the Prophet - that means its subject to errors. So we cannot take it as 100% true - but to some extent we can utilize that knowledge to better understand the verses of the Quran.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.