Islam/Did the prophet muhammad (saw) ever have the ability to write?

Question
i have a question in sahih bukhari volume no.1 hadith no.114 it says ibn abbas said, 'when the ailment of the prophet became worse he said, 'bring for me (writing) paper and i will write for u a statement after which you will not go astray.' but Umar said,' The prophet is seriously ill, and we have got allah's book with us and that is sufficient for us.' But the companions of the prophet differed about this and there was a hue and cry. on that the prophet said to them,' go away (and leave me alone). it is not right that you should quarrel in front of me."
so my quesstion is i thought prophet muhammad was illiterate
so how was he proposing that he should write a letter
thank u assalamoualaikum

Answer
   ASSALAAMU ALAIKUM

Actually, I out of town on a Dawah trip Inshaa Allaah - I apologize for not being able to answer your question at this time - please forgive me for that Inshaa Allaah-  as soon as I have some availability , I will try to answer your question Inshaa Allaah -however, please do not hesitate to send me a reminder  Inshaa Allaah

In the meantime, please feel free to check out our DAWAH PROGRAMS/LECTURES and KHUTBAHS  on ALHIKMAT TV 24/7 ONLINE - BROADCASTING from FLORIDA USA on WWW.ALHIKMATLIVE.COM  Inshaa Allaah.

ALLAAH KNOWS BEST
WWW.ALHIKMAT.COM
WWW.ALHIKMATTV.COM

Islam

Islamic Scholar