Islam/regarding confusion over divorce

Assalamualaikum wr wb
It has been around 6 months to our marriage & our marriage has not been consummated and
due to some unavoidable circumstances me and my wife decided to put our views in front of a Quazi sahab.on our first visit Quazi sahab told her to obey her husband (me) & get back to my place or take khula as the marriage is completely messed up, to which she denied & said I need two days of time to think over it.and after 2 days  Quazi sahab cald me up n said ur wife is here & she is not willing to take khula and instead she is demanding for a divorce along wid compensation. So I did it accordingly, Quazi sahab told me to utter a word talaq e bain and I paid her mehr amount + iddah amount + compensation.and with a mutual understanding we both signed the papers in front of 3 witnesses.
So my question is by uttering a single time as talaq e bain, is my marriage terminated?
Or more 2 pronunciations are mandatory?
Jazak Allah khair

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother,

Please check what does Talaq e bain means ? Ask the qazi first why he did not let you utter 3 divorces at once ?

Most probably your marriage is terminated.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.