Islam/About Aqiqah

Question
As far as i know Aqiqah should be done for a new born child on the 7th day of birth. But if it has not been done that time due to any reason. Now my child is 2 months old and i want to do Aqiaqah for her. I have heard that it is preferable to do the Aqiqah a day before when she was born (e.g. If the child was born on Tuesday then Aqiqah should be done on Monday). Is this statement is correct or we can do any day?

Answer
Assalamualaikum!
  "Now my child is 2 months old and i want to do Aqiaqah for her"--->>> You can do it now.
 "I have heard that it is preferable to do the Aqiqah a day before when she was born (e.g. If the child was born on Tuesday then Aqiqah should be done on Monday). Is this statement is correct or we can do any day?"--->>>  It is also correct. It is better to do like this.

Islam

Shakeeb Ahmad