QUESTION: Assalam-o-alikum sir,
 I have a question regarding braces. I have got crooked teeth and they are some what not in order n dont look good. I didnt had this problem until the age of 15 or 16 but after that my teeth started to grow wrong. According to the dentist it was because of my small jaw. Now i want to put braces but i read that its not permissible in Islam to put braces for the purpose of beautification. Can u please guide me through this. I will really appreciate.

ANSWER: Wallaikum As salaam!

What you heard is utter nonsense. Islam do permit/allow women to beautify themselves
and whatever any restrictions in the Koran is for one's good only and not to make the
Almighty Allah happy.
So go ahead with your braces since medically too is good if your teeth r even apart from
making you look good to carry on in life with more confidence Inshalah.

Please read Koran in the language you best understand.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide
us all to the true path of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

QUESTION: ameen thanx alot for ur answer. this is the hadees i read on an islamic page "Abd-Allaah ibn Masood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa sallam) say:
“Allaah has CURSED the woman who does tattoos and the one who has them done, the woman who plucks eyebrows and the one who has it done, and the one who files her teeth for the purpose of beauty, altering the creation of Allaah.” (Bukhaari, Muslim)". can u please explain this as i got confused after reading this hadees in regard of braces. May Allah give u ajar for helping me.

Why don't u spend the time reading Koran the word of The Almighty Allah i/o Hadith that were
believed to be our beloved prophet's sayings compiled after 200 years of our beloved prophet's

I don't think our beloved prophet would have ever cursed at all that too women for beautifying
themselves as he was an affectionate, humble and forgiving even with his most ardent enemies
who were after his life.

Further. our beloved prophet would have never spoken a word more or less that what's mentioned
in the Koran for the mankind.

So read and study Koran in the language you best understand to lead a righteous life without
confusing yourself reading these Hadiths that are full of contradictions if are applied in our
daily lives. Islam is the simplest and an easiest religion to follow if one reads & understand
the Koran.

Please add my cell # +919849026154 to Whatsaap, Wechat, Tango, Viber, Line etc. for speed and

swift Q & A's. You can also share with your elders and friends if they have anything to get

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.

Allah Hafiz!

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce