Islam/Christmas cards

Question
Aslamu alikum
I live in uk and as u know mostly its Christians around here. . Its nearly Christmas and kidds at my school will start giving out Christmas cards soon I wanto know how to avoide them.. I don want to sound mean and put a bad picture if islam in front of them as tbey all know im a muslim becausr I wear the hijab.. if I say thabkyou for the card but I dont celebrate christmas but I hope u have a good time.. wud this b ok?

Answer
Wallaikum As Salaam!

Who said that Muslims shouldn't acknowledge with 'Merry Christmas' to the Christians?

Whenever we Muslims wishes 'Merry Christmas, we are mere acknowledging the fact that Prophet Isa was born as a normal human being but one of the chosen and closet one of the Almighty
Allah.

Whenever I wish Merry Christmas' I accompany the wish with 'May you all follow what Prophet Isa
preached, practiced and guided for salvation by walking in the right path.

Please do not forget Prophet Jesus followed Islam believing in oneness of the Almighty Allah and submitting.

2:136
Say, "We believe in God, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs; and in what was given to Moses and Jesus, and all the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."
3:45
The angels said, "O Mary, God gives you good news: a Word from Him whose name is `The Messiah, Jesus the son of Mary. He will be prominent in this life and in the Hereafter, and one of those closest to Me.'
3:46
"He will speak to the people from the crib, as well as an adult; he will be one of the righteous."
3:47
She said, "My Lord, how can I have a son, when no man has touched me?" He said, "God thus creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He simply says to it, `Be,' and it is.
3:48
"He will teach him the scripture, wisdom, the Torah, and the Gospel."
3:49
As a messenger to the Children of Israel: "I come to you with a sign from your Lord - I create for you from clay the shape of a bird, then I blow into it, and it becomes a live bird by God's leave. I restore vision to the blind, heal the leprous, and I revive the dead by God's leave. I can tell you what you eat, and what you store in your homes. This should be a proof for you, if you are believers.
3:50
"I confirm previous scripture - the Torah - and I revoke certain prohibitions imposed upon you. I come to you with sufficient proof from your Lord. Therefore, you shall observe God, and obey me.
3:51
"God is my Lord and your Lord;* you shall worship Him alone. This is the right path."
3:52
When Jesus sensed their disbelief, he said, "Who are my supporters towards God?" The disciples said, "We are God's supporters; we believe in God, and bear witness that we are submitters."
3:53
"Our Lord, we have believed in what You have sent down, and we have followed the messenger; count us among the witnesses."
3:54
They plotted and schemed, but so did God, and God is the best schemer.
3:55
Thus, God said, "O Jesus, I am terminating your life, raising you to Me, and ridding you of the disbelievers. I will exalt those who follow you above those who disbelieve, till the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is the ultimate destiny of all of you, then I will judge among you regarding your disputes.
3:84
Say, "We believe in God, and in what was sent down to us, and in what was sent down to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and in what was given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction among any of them. To Him alone we are submitters."
5:46
Subsequent to them, we sent Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming the previous scripture, the Torah. We gave him the Gospel, containing guidance and light, and confirming the previous scriptures, the Torah, and augmenting its guidance and light, and to enlighten the righteous.

May the Almighty Allah forgive our sins to guide us all to the true Islam path as per the Koran
for rest of our life.

Islam

Azam Mohammaed