Islam/Infidelity in Muslim Marriage

Salaam,I was married for 6 years. I lost my job 2 years ago and have been struggling to find work. My wife filed for divorce 3 months ago and we havent been through the process completely yet. She ran off with a Christian man and now she is pregnant with his child. Now we are considering being together again and I am confused. I want to do what is best Islamically for me. Is our marriage in Islamic perspective still valid? Also, is it haram for me to raise that child as my own? Thanks for your time and help.

Wallaikum As Salaam!

Option - 1
First of all find out why she wants to come back. In case her intentions are genuine then you
have to complete the process of the divorce that was filed by your wife first, then she has
to marry the man she ran away with and got pregnant.But the man has to revert to Islam first.

And then she has to get divorce from that man after which you can marry and accpet her with
whatever physical status she comes with.

Option - 2
However, the above is a long drawn process with many if's and but's and the only option that
is available w/o going through the option 1 process is to forgive her whole heartedly if she
has realised her big sin/mistake and repents sincerely by withdrawing her divorce proceedings
and accept/welcome her with her pregnancy once again in your life.

The child has to be raised as your own as the preganancy do not have a legality in case she &
the chirstian man through whom she got pregnant are not married to each other in first place.

In case she is married to the chirstian man, then the above 1 option is the right one.

All this depends on your love towards her still and whether you genuinely forgive her as well
as she realised her biggest sin/wrong doing genuinely and repenting.

But use your logic & wisdom to know why she wants to come to you and try to help her out which
ever way you can leaving rest to the Almighty Allah to take care of everything.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran.  

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce