Islam/loss of child

Assalam Alakam I am a grieving mother. My son passed away and he was 23 years old. I heard that if an infant or child passes away then their parents can go to heaven if they are patient and Allah will build a house of praise for them in heaven. I need to know if this applies if the child is 23 years old?
I also need to know if there is anywhere online I can go to talk to other grieving parents who loss older children like mine or if there is any website or books that can help me with my overwhelming grief?
Please help me

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
Indeed Allah will reward a muslim for any pain that he may suffer during lifetime.
May Allah give you patience and courage to bear this great loss....ameen.

However we must be thankfull to Allah that he died as a muslim and since he died young or near adolescent - indeed his books of deed must be almost empty and on the day of resurrection he will not have to face much questioning.

Muslim Book 013, Hadith Number 4005
Chapter : What reward man gets after his death.

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).

Abu Hurairah also reported, “The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, ‘The righteous works that continue to benefit a believer after his death include the knowledge that he taught and spread among others, a righteous son whom he leaves behind, or a copy of the Qur’an that he bequeaths to his inheritors, or a mosque that hebuilds, or a rest house that he builds for the wayfarers, or a canal of water that he digs for the benefit of others,or a charity that he gives out of his property during his life while he is sound of health. He will continue to receive reward for all these even after his death.’ (Ibn Majah)

As for the hadith - its for infants who have passed away

Bukhari Volumn 001, Book 003, Hadith Number 101.
Narated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : Some women requested the Prophet to fix a day for them as the men were taking all his time. On that he promised them one day for religious lessons and commandments. Once during such a lesson the Prophet said, "A woman whose three children die will be shielded by them from the Hell fire." On that a woman asked, "If only two die?" He replied, "Even two (will shield her from the Hell-fire)."

The best book I can recommend is the Quran. If you have not read it with translation or understanding - now is the best time to do it.

Remember that the Prophets have gone much beyond this in terms of pain and suffering !! Our pain is nothing compared to them.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.