Islam/Mental illness and marriage

In the name of Allah most forgiving most merciful

My question has puzzled me for almost 2 years.  I have been diagnosed with some mental health illnesses, generalised anxiety disorder, I am always on the edge of panic mostly for no particular reason.  I cannot leave my house unless absolutely necessary and if I do got out i cannot be in crowded places and any unfamiliar noise causes a full on panic attack.  I also have a eating disorder and been in hospital twice for extreme weight loss, this is not entirely a cosmetic issue and started when I was 8 to 10 years of age, I am now 38.  Other smaller issues OCD and low mood disorder.  Like i mentioned these problems have been with me nearly my whole life.  Important to mention is abusive up bringing culminating in such problems.  I have irrational invasive thoughts of dying, in my conscious mind my faith in Allah and Islamic beliefs and also I have a young son who I love very dearly and cannot leave him in such a way.  Over my lifetime I have several times attempted suicide i cannot explain my actions, but I know suicide is haram.  I have been on several medications to manage my problems, but these meds leave me feeling lethargic and bloating.  These meds barely keep the anxiety at bay.  I am happy if I can stay at home.  I married my second husband 2 years ago, he is younger than me by 15 years.  Before marriage I told my husband about my illness at the time he said i don't understand these problems and that these are mind over matter, he said that such problems do not exist in Pakistan.  However i loved this man and eventually we got married.  I should have discussed the issues more in depth with him, but I diddnt.  My life mostly feels like tides coming in and ebbing away.  I have provided my husband a loving home, and have happily full filed my role as a wife.  When I am particularly unwell my husband has not asked me for more than I can to give.  Even though his acts of kindness and compassion is appreciated  I am confused when he says he does not believe in mental illness, I worry that one day he is going to get sick of it all and leave me.  I need to be more disciplined in acting upon my faith and I do pray that I can improve.  What do you think and islamically what is the general guides to mental illness?

I look foward to your reply and pray that Allah rewards you and your family for your good work.

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Sister,

I am sorry to learn about your illness. May Allah cure you. However since your husband has been living in a country where he may have not come across people with such illness - he may not have an idea of what you are going through.

Therefore there is no need to think about what he may think about your illness or the pains you may be going through. Just carry on living in a safe way and take medicines on time. Allah will surely reward you in the best manner in the hereafter.

[Quran 66:8] O you who believe! Turn to Allah (God) with sincere repentance: In the hope that your Lord will remove from you your ills and admit you to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow,- the Day that Allah (God) will not permit to be humiliated the Prophet and those who believe with him. Their Light will run forward before them and by their right hands, while they say, "Our Lord! Perfect our Light for us, and grant us Forgiveness: for you have power over all things."

[Quran 3:15] Say: Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (and holy); and the good pleasure of G od. For in Allah (God)'s sight are (all) His servants,-

[Quran 3:16] (Namely), those who say: "Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire;"-

[Quran 3:17] Those who show patience, Firmness and self-control; who are true (in word and deed); who worship devoutly; who spend (in the way of Allah (God)); and who pray for forgiveness in the early hours of the morning.

[Quran 3:18] There is no Allah (God) but He: That is the witness of Allah (God), His angels, and those endued with knowledge, standing firm on justice. There is no Allah (God) but He, the Exalted in Power, the Wise.

[Quran 3:19] The Religion before Allah (God) is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of Allah (God), Allah (God) is swift in calling to account.

I just want to ask if what your earnings are halaal or not. Many a times its the wealth we eat is responsible for the miseries in life.

[Quran Surah Isra 17:82] And We send down of the Quran that which is a cure and a mercy to the believers, and it increases the wrongdoers in nothing but loss.

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 061, Hadith Number 535.
Narated By 'Aisha : Whenever Allah's Apostle became sick, he would recite Mu'awwidhat (Surat Al-Falaq and Surat An-Nas) and then blow his breath over his body. When he became seriously ill, I used to recite (these two Suras) and rub his hands over his body hoping for its blessings.

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 061, Hadith Number 530.
Narated By Abu Mas'ud : The Prophet said, "If somebody recited the last two Verses of Surat Al-Baqara at night, that will be sufficient for him."

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 061, Hadith Number 529.
Narated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : While we were on one of our journeys, we dismounted at a place where a slave girl came and said, "The chief of this tribe has been stung by a scorpion and our men are not present; is there anybody among you who can treat him (by reciting something)?" Then one of our men went along with her though we did not think that he knew any such treatment. But he treated the chief by reciting something, and the sick man recovered whereupon he gave him thirty sheep and gave us milk to drink (as a reward). When he returned, we asked our friend, "Did you know how to treat with the recitation of something?" He said, "No, but I treated him only with the recitation of the Mother of the Book (i.e., Al-Fatiha)." We said, "Do not say anything (about it) till we reach or ask the Prophet so when we reached Medina, we mentioned that to the Prophet (in order to know whether the sheep which we had taken were lawful to take or not). The Prophet said, "How did he come to know that it (Al-Fatiha) could be used for treatment? Distribute your reward and assign for me one share thereof as well."

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 060, Hadith Number 163.
Narated By Said Ibn Zaid : The Prophet said, "Al-Kam'a is like the Mann (sweet resin or gum) (in that it grows naturally without human care) and its water is a cure for the eye diseases."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 591.
Narated By Khalid bin Sad : We went out and Ghalib bin Abjar was accompanying us. He fell ill on the way and when we arrived at Medina he was still sick. Ibn Abi 'Atiq came to visit him and said to us, "Treat him with black cumin. Take five or seven seeds and crush them (mix the powder with oil) and drop the resulting mixture into both nostrils, for 'Aisha has narrated to me that she heard the Prophet saying, 'This black cumin is healing for all diseases except As-Sam. 'Aisha said, 'What is As-Sam?' He said, 'Death."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 587.
Narated By Jabir bin Abdullah : I heard the Prophet saying, "If there is any healing in your medicines, then it is in cupping, a gulp of honey or branding with fire (cauterisation) that suits the ailment, but I don't like to be (cauterised) branded with fire."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 609.
Narated By Said bin Zaid : I heard the Prophet saying, "Truffles are like Manna (i.e. they grow naturally without man's care) and their water heals eye diseases."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 634.
Narated By 'Aisha : The Prophet ordered me or somebody else to do Ruqya (if there was danger) from an evil eye.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 635.
Narated By Um Salama : That the Prophet saw in her house a girl whose face had a black spot. He said. "She is under the effect of an evil eye; so treat her with a Ruqya."

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 636.
Narated By Abu Huraira : The Prophet said, "The effect of an evil

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 639.
Narated By 'Aisha : The Prophet used to treat some of his wives by passing his right hand over the place of ailment and used to say, "O Allah, the Lord of the people! Remove the trouble and heal the patient, for You are the Healer. No healing is of any avail but Yours; healing that will leave behind no ailment."eye is a fact." And he prohibited tattooing.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 071, Hadith Number 637.
Narated By Al-Aswad : I asked 'Aisha about treating poisonous stings (a snake-bite or a scorpion sting) with a Ruqya. She said, "The Prophet allowed the treatment of poisonous sting with Ruqya."

Muslim Book 004, Hadith Number 1707.
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do not make your houses as graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Surah Baqara is recited.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.