Islam/Problems in Marriage

Question
Salaam,I was married for 6 years. I lost my job 2 years ago and have been struggling to find work. My wife filed for divorce 3 months ago and we havent been through the process completely yet. She ran off with a Christian man and now she is pregnant with his child. Now we are considering being together again and I am confused. I want to do what is best Islamically for me. Is our marriage in Islamic perspective still valid? Also, is it haram for me to raise that child as my own? Thanks for your time and help.

Answer
Peace to you!

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about all your troubles. As clearly mentioned in my description, I am a follower of Jesus and my expertise is ONLY in answering questions Muslims have regarding Jesus, the Injeel, Zabur, Torah, how to get forgiveness, or the perspective of followers of Jesus on questions Muslims ask.

The reason for me being in the Islam section is that Muslims usually learn about Christianity from Muslims. That is bad academic scholarship and leads to great misunderstandings. If you have a question about an illness you go to a medical doctor not to someone who has a PhD in computing. Similarly, if you have a question about Christianity you must go to a follower of Jesus not to a Muslim. I am here to conveniently offer the removal of misunderstandings.

Alternatively, if you wish to learn more about the main message of the Holy Bible, I do offer an e-mail correspondence course on it. The first lesson explores what the Quran says about the Torah and Injeel and whether they are still reliable. Would you like to do this study? It might also be arranged face to face with another lady if you prefer.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help in any of the above.

Sincerely,

A. Abraham

Islam

A. Abraham