QUESTION: I have a question in slaves..if a person agrees to be my slave by his own will in this generation..and there is no contract between us only oral contract is between us(as slavery has ended )will he be considered as slave in islamic terms..i am not talking about law terms..

ANSWER: In which part of the world and times you are living Mr. Ali?

It was Islam that started banning the slavery in phases manner and if you read Koran in the
language you best understand then you wouldn't have asked this question.

Koran is the unique book of some injunctions that will be applicable till the doomsday & the
present world banned slavery which Islam started to end it almost 1400 years back.

So it is clear from above, that even a person is willing to be your slave, it will be a great
sins on both parts as per Koran/Islam to practice slavery.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our lives.

QUESTION: There are things in islam in the treatment of slavery. .
I.e you can marry your slave and stuff like that..

Islam has slavery in dose not it never said that if you have a slave it will be a sin..never in koran or anywhere else its siad if you own a slave its a sin on the owners or slaves part..

Anyways that was not my question was will he be considered as my slave according to islamic terms

My friend,

Islam never had or started slavery, be carefull while chosing the right words due to which many
non muslims concluded that slavery was part of Islam and encourages it.

Slavery was prevalent even before Judiasm/Christianity etc., and Koran talks about the slavery
prevailing during those times & never encouraged but in fact indirectly started to discourage
same through below methods.

Why do you think Islam is asking to set free slaves as expiation of one's sin or asking one to
marry even a slave under certain circumstances.

As slavery was prevailing during those times due to some circumstances, Koran already started
the process to end slavery in various ways/methods with an objective to free the slaves through
expiation of one's sins or through marriages that clearly shows slavery is not a good practice
in the books of the Almighty Allah.

Further, the Almighty Allah asks every believer to live as per one's country's ruling and laws
so far the rules/laws is not oppressing anyone to preach one's religion in its true spirit.

As the society we live in presently has banned slavery either forced/willing in every form,then
how can you entertain an idea that it can be acceptable as per Islam in today's contest.

As far as your question goes, Islam will not accpet slavery even if the person is willing to
be your slave.

If you have further doubts that needs more clarifications you can call me on 9849026154 as I
live in AP too.

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce