Islam/Credit Card-Riba Issue

As salaamu Alaikum....

My question is that in the USA, we are getting an apartment/home. They check the credit history before they give the apartment.

I know riba is haraam, in my situation what do I do. I know that if we get the credit card and we pay before the due date we will be not charged for the interest. So, is it permissible for me to get a credit card in this situation?

Is there anything else in the USA-Texas that we can do to make credit instead through a credit card? Credit cards in USA is important to have because they check the credit history for everything.

Please Advise us what to do in these circumstances?

Jazakh Allah Khair!

Wallekum As Salaam!

Please understand the concept behind prohibition of Usury in Islam.

It is basically prohibited when the rich squeeze from the poor in the form of usury that is not
logically viable at those rates to invest save and repay along with interest.

This is what is prohibited and not the interest on housing loan/interest on savings a/c which
we keep with intention towards safety against theft rather than earn interest on savings a/c
which is minimal.

The Almighty Allah knows the best and the true intention of one and all to judge whether it is a sin or not.

So, please do not get too perturbed over the credit card issue, but as you said pay it on time
to avoid being penalized with interest which is very high and abnormal.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran for rest of our life.  

Azam Mohammaed

I try to clarify doubts logically with Koran's guidance

Mashallah 18 years since I got married to my wife who is a Protestant Christian by faith

ITC Limited ABD-ILTD Division

Bachelor of Commerce