Islam/Can this curse affect us after obeying the woman according to the prophet Mohammed (saw) guide.

Question
Asalam alaekum waramotulilahi wabarakatul, I am a Muslim male from a Muslim family, I fall in love with a Muslim lady from another country (foreigner) for about six year now. The lady's father is of late but she has a younger brother who is mature,understand Al-quran and hadith  and knows the right from wrong. The problem now is her mummy, she does not want her to marry me cos I am not from their country. She had try to force the lady into marriage with people from her country and she hard also try to force us to leave each other but with the help of Allah (swt) we are still together. After she realise that everything she is doing is not working, she started to curse us. Now the lady is scared because of the curse. I try to ask some Muslim scholars and I was told that, if the father had died,the next person that have the right to give the lady hand in married is the man's son (according to Islamic sariah (law). I alway ask the son for this and he always support us to marry each other. The lady always help her mummy and follow the rules the prophet Muhammad (saw) ask us to obey for our mother. Now because the woman and her friends had create an ideal of their own, that, none of their daughter should marry a foreigner so she don't want to feel ashamed in the midst of her friends. My question now is will the curse affect us as the brother (the lady's brother) support us. Also,the lady is scare and want to quit because of the curse. Can you help me with the verse of the Quran and Hadith in which I can use to talk to the lady.
Jazaka lahu

Answer
No curse can afect you as this is false and anyone who curses someone they will get the curse instead as it goes to the Throne and returns to them.

You both have the maturity to consent to each other and marry without her mother or brother's consent. That is Islamic concept of Nikah. She has the right to choose her partner without father or mother consent.

4:3 If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

Islam

Imam Habeeb