Islam/what to give after a dead person

salaam brother,

I wanted to ask you when a person dies can you cook rice and meat in a big pot after that person and let the people eat that and can you do that aswell on every fridays because it's a religous day (JUMMA),and the question is more like the same which is when a person dies people bring curries and food and they lift there hands up on the food,it is suppose to go to that dead person soul or something,plzzz let me know as soon as possible thnk you huda hafiz

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Dear Brother/Sister,
I am sorry but nowhere i have read that we should cook meat and let people eat after a persons death.

I beleive this is not tradition of muslim, but tradition of other religions.

Also for the person only three things benefit him after death,

Muslim Book 013, Hadith Number 4005.
Chapter : What reward man gets after his death.

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When a man dies, his acts come to an end, but three, recurring charity, or knowledge (by which people) benefit, or a pious son, who prays for him (for the deceased).

Abu Hurairah also reported, “The Prophet, peace be upon him, said, ‘The righteous works that continue to benefit a believer after his death include the knowledge that he taught and spread among others, a righteous son whom he leaves behind, or a copy of the Qur’an that he bequeaths to his inheritors, or a mosque that hebuilds, or a rest house that he builds for the wayfarers, or a canal of water that he digs for the benefit of others,or a charity that he gives out of his property during his life while he is sound of health. He will continue to receive reward for all these even after his death.’ (Ibn Majah)

[Quran 16:21] (They are things) dead, lifeless, nor do they know when they will be raised up.

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation

love affairs & Islam

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

Solutions strictly from the Quran and the authentic Hadiths. ****** website ****** Do pose your questions and see the difference in our answers.

Preaching Islam since childhood, and further gained commanding knowledge of almost every affairs of the religion though authentic books and attending lectures by notable scholars of Islam

Bachelors degree in Commerce, Diploma in Electronics Engg.