Assalamualaikum brother,greeting from first qustion is that abot jihad,,i am doing jihad againts my nafsu,so if i die,do i die shahid??

Wa'alaikumussalam wr wb. Thank you for the question.

Ibn al-Qayyim r.a said:
Jihad is of four kinds: Jihad al-nafs (jihad against one’s self), jihad al-Shaytaan (jihad against the Shaytaan), jihad against the kaafirs and jihad against the hypocrites.

Moreover, jihad al-nafs (jihad against one’s self) is of four kinds:

1 – Striving to learn the teachings of Islam without which one cannot attain success and happiness in this world or in the Hereafter; if this is missing then one is doomed to misery in this world and in the Hereafter.

2 – Striving to make oneself act in accordance with what one has learned. Simply knowing without acting, even though it may not cause any harm, is not going to bring any benefit.

3 – Striving to call others to Islam, teaching those who do not know about it. Otherwise one will be one of those who conceal that which Allaah has revealed of guidance and teaching, and it will not benefit him or save him from the punishment of Allaah.

4 – Striving to bear patiently the difficulties involved in calling people to Allaah and the insults of people; bearing all that for the sake of Allaah.

Jihad al nafs has high rank in Islam, simply if we can't control our self then we won't be able to perform jihad al-Shaytaan (jihad against the Shaytaan), jihad against the kaafirs and jihad against the hypocrites.

Regarding jihad, there are several Qur'anic verses:

God says: "Have you seen the one who takes as his god his own desire?" [Al-Qur'an 25:43] And "He followed his own desire. So his example is like that of a dog: if you chase him he pants, or if you leave him, he [still] pants." [Al-Qur'an 7:176] And about the person who controlled the passion of his soul/self God says: "But as for he who feared the standing before his Lord and restrained the soul from [his] desire, then indeed, Paradise will be his refuge." [Al-Qur'an 79:40-41]

And finally, " ... [who strive and fight] in the way of God with their wealth and their lives over those of remained [behind], by degrees. And to all God has promised the best [reward]." [Al-Qur'an 4:95]"

Paradise has been promised by Allah for those who perform jihad sincerely.

Hope it will help. Thank You.  

Sudarmiwati Supriyadi

I answer question about tawheed, aqeedah, political issue related with Islam, muslim in Indonesia. I also have knowledge about the Economic system of Islam. However, I have inadequate knowledge in comparative religions.

IMPORTANT : I'm not a scholar of Islamic Law. I respond any question based on the best of my knowledge and interpretation derived from the Qur'an, Hadith, Islamic history.

Management/ Islamic Finance