Islam/Prayer before prophet muhammed

Question
QUESTION: hi, i was wondering how did people pray before prophet muhammeds(pbuh) time? this was in jesus's, moses(pbut) era?

ANSWER: Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother,

Since most of the sacred texts have been corrupted or missing, we cannot have a concrete idea how they prayed.

Therefore any further discussion on this topic will invite well of errors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Its my duty to help those in need. You are free to ask as many questions as you like.

If you are not convinced or feel the answer did not address all your questions, pls write back immediately without any hesitation. Please do forgive me if there is an unexpected delay in replying.

rg
Ahmer

Pls spare some time and see these small video clips.

hijab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3C1WpX3N8

which is the best religion - how to identify the true scripture
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIcl0ZAF6ZU

why is islam the best religion - 15point explanation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atOexGJC88U

love affairs & Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9xAj7Aeg-w

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

( Note: I am not a mufti, if you are in doubt or want 100% accuracy please verify the above hadith with an authentic personality. However I have not altered any hadith and presented it as and how it was found. May Allah forgive our mistakes from time to time...ameen.)

QUESTION: Hi thank you for the answer! how does islam say we should live our lives, what with all the worldly desires around us?

Answer
Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Rahim (In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)

Assalmalaikum

Dear Brother,

The worldy desires should be fulfilled in the prescribed method ( halaal way). The list of prohibition is mentioned in the quran, please read it and avoid it. Rest all is for you to enjoy !

food
----

[Quran 5:1] O you who believe! fulfil (all) obligations. Lawful unto you (for food) are all four-footed animals, with the exceptions named: But animals of the chase are forbidden while you are in the sacred precincts or in pilgrim garb: for Allah (God) doth command according to His will and plan.

[Quran 5:3] Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which has been invoked the name of other than Allah (God); that which has been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which has been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless you are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yout fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah (God) is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

[Quran Surah Maida 5:96] Lawful to you is the pursuit of water-game and its use for food,- for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel; but forbidden is the pursuit of land-game;- as long as you are in the sacred precincts or in pilgrim garb. And fear Allah (God), to Whom you shall be gathered back.

[Quran 5:4] They ask you what is lawful to them (as food). Say: lawful unto you are (all) things good and pure: and what you have taught your trained hunting animals (to catch) in the manner directed to you by Allah (God): eat what they catch for you, but pronounce the name of Allah (God) over it: and fear Allah (God); for Allah (God) is swift in taking account.

[Quran 5:5] This day are (all) things good and pure made lawful unto you. The food of the People of the Book is lawful unto you and yours is lawful unto them. (Lawful unto you in marriage) are (not only) chaste women who are believers, but chaste women among the People of the Book, revealed before your time,- when you give them their due dowers, and desire chastity, not lewdness, nor secret intrigues if any one rejects faith, fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (all spiritual good).

[Quran 5:90] O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that you may prosper.

[Quran 5:91] Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah (God), and from prayer: will you not then abstain?

garment
-------

[Quran 7:26] O you Children of Adam! We have bestowed clothing upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, that is the best. Such are among the Signs of Allah, that they may receive admonition!

[Quran 7:27] O you Children of Adam! let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as he got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their clothing, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where you cannot see them: We made the Evil Ones friends (only) to those without Faith.

AbuDawud Book 027, Hadith Number 4086.
------------------------------
Chapter : Womens dress.

Narated By Ibn 'Abbas : The prophet (pbuh) cursed the women who imitate men and the men who imitate women.

AbuDawud Book 027, Hadith Number 4087.
------------------------------
Chapter : Womens dress.

Narated By Abu Hurairah : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) cursed the man who dressed like a woman and the woman who dressed like a man.

dragging garment below ankles
-----------------------------

Bukhari Volumn 005, Book 057, Hadith Number 017.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Abdullah bin Umar : That Allah's Apostle said, "Allah will not look on the Day of Judgment at him who drags his robe (behind him) out of pride." Abu Bakr said "One side of my robe slacks down unless I get very cautious about it." Allah's Apostle said, "But you do not do that with a pride."

Illegal sex/ Zina
-----------------

Premarital sex is prohibited in Islam. It is called "Zina". Here are the verses from the quran:

[Quran 17:32] Nor come near to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils).

Veil
---------------

Remember islam does not allow free mixing of Non-Maharam boys and girls once you hit puberty.

Quran [33:59] O Prophet, tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their bodies (when abroad) so that they should be known and not molested"

Quran [24:30] Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty: that will make for greater purity for them: and Allah is well acquainted with all that they do.

Quran [24:31] And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O you Believers! turn you all together towards Allah, that you may attain Bliss.

Interest/usury
--------------

2. Interest is prophibited as well known. It is next to Slavery. The bank enslaves you when you are unable to repay on time. Please remember that taking loan from banks is the easiest way of generating cash. But one forgets there are numerous other ways to generate cash, such as taking loan from friends, relatives, business associates etc. Also one should ask Allah for help in such circumstances and should also abstain from expanding one's own expenses beyond the financial limits. I dont know what your situation is at the moment but A Muslim should adhere to the prophet's teachings and reject the idea of taking/giving loans on interest.

[Quran 16:95] And purchase not a small gain at the cost of Allah's Covenant. Verily! What is with Allah is better for you if you did but know.

[Quran 16:96] Whatever is with you, will be exhausted, and whatever with Allah (of good deeds) will remain. And those who are patient, We will certainly pay them a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do.

AbuDawud Book 016, Hadith Number 3327.
------------------------------
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Abdullah ibn Mas'ud : The Apostle of Allah (pbuh) cursed the one who accepted usury, the one who paid it, the witness to it, and the one who recorded it.

Bukhari Volumn 007, Book 072, Hadith Number 829.
Narated By Abu Juhaifa : The Prophet forbade the use of the price of blood and the price of a dog, the one who takes (eats) usury the one who gives usury, the woman who practises tattooing and the woman who gets herself tattooed.

Shahih Bukhari Volumn 003, Book 034, Hadith Number267
-----------------------------------------------------
Narated By An-Nu'man bin Bashir : The Prophet  (SAW) said "Both legal and illegal things are obvious, and in between them are (suspicious) doubtful matters. So who-ever forsakes those doubtful things lest he may commit a sin, will definitely avoid what is clearly illegal; and who-ever indulges in these (suspicious) doubtful things bravely, is likely to commit what is clearly illegal. Sins are Allah's Hima (i.e. private pasture) and whoever pastures (his sheep) near it, is likely to get in it at any moment."

Bukhari Volumn 003, Book 034, Hadith Number 299.
Narated By 'Aun bin Abu Juhaifa : My father bought a slave who practiced the profession of cupping. (My father broke the slave's instruments of cupping). I asked my father why he had done so. He replied, "The Prophet forbade the acceptance of the price of a dog or blood, and also forbade the profession of tattooing, getting tattooed and receiving or giving Riba, (usury), and cursed the picture-makers."

Bukhari Volumn 005, Book 058, Hadith Number 159.
Narated By Abu Burda : When I came to Medina. I met Abdullah bin Salam. He said, "Will you come to me so that I may serve you with Sawiq (i.e. powdered barley) and dates, and let you enter a (blessed) house that in which the Prophet entered?" Then he added, "You are In a country where the practice of Riba (i.e. usury) is prevalent; so if somebody owe you something and he sends you a present of a load of chopped straw or a load of barley or a load of provender then do not take it, as it is Riba."

Bukhari Volumn 006, Book 060, Hadith Number 067.
Narated By Ibn Abbas : The last Verse (in the Qur'an) revealed to the Prophet was the Verse dealing with usury (i.e. Riba).

Allah asks people with wealth not to give their money on interests but rather to charity instead.

[Quran 2:276] Allah/God will deprive usury/interest of all blessings, but will give increase for deeds of charity. For he does not love creatures ungrateful and wicked.

An a person who earns his living be lending money through interest is at constant war with Allah.

[Quran 2:278] O you who believe! Fear Allah (God), and give up what remains of your demand for usury, if you are indeed believers.

[Quran 2:279] If you do it not, Take notice of war from Allah (God) and His Apostle: But if you turn back, you shall have your capital sums: Deal not unjustly, and you shall not be dealt with unjustly.

[Quran 3:130] O you who believe! Devour not usury, doubled and multiplied; but fear Allah (God); that you may (really) prosper.
[Quran 3:131] Fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:

Lending on interests was a System of Jews not Muslims.

[Quran 4:161] That they took usury, though they were forbidden; and that they devoured men's substance wrongfully;- we have prepared for those among them who reject faith a grievous punishment.

Allah asks the lenders to be kind to the debtor, and to deal with  him mercifully.

[Quran 2:280] If the debtor is in a difficulty, grant him time Till it is easy for him to repay. But if you remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if you only knew.

rg
Ahmer

hijab

love affairs & Islam

Riba
http://www.dailymotion.com/islamnatural

Islam

Ahmer