Islam/Re: Quran on Marriage

Question
Dear Brother Azam,

According to Surah 4:23-24, the listed women does not include granddaughters or grandmothers. From my understanding, the Arabic words for daughters and granddaughters are different, so does this mean that the Quran allows the marrying of granddaughters?

I came across this issue from an ex-Muslim and wanted to investigate myself.

Salaam.

Answer
As Salaam Alaikum!

First of all let me remind you that the Almighty Allah commanded us in the Koran to address
each other whenever/wherever we meet or write each other with a 'Salaam' first.

And  my apologies for the delayed reply as I was really busy with my official responsibilities.

Please pray to the Almighty Allah to help ease the difficult times am undergoing in my official
work to discharge my duties to the satisfaction of those am responsible.

Well, you are wrong if the the Almighty Allah has commanded not to marry the brother's/sister's
children then it applies right down to the grandchildren/grandparents even if more than 1 wife
is involved, since Muslim in the Arab world marry 4 women.

The verse is very clear and I just replied to one of the Muslim who asked if he can marry his
step niece.

The below verse is very clear for those who are steadfast in their faith and will not find any
ambiguity in the below verse which is crystal clear.

Incest Forbidden
4:23
Prohibited for you (in marriage) are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, the sisters of your fathers, the sisters of your mothers, the daughters of your brother, the daughters of your sister, your nursing mothers, the girls who nursed from the same woman as you, the mothers of your wives, the daughters of your wives with whom you have consummated the marriage - if the marriage has not been consummated, you may marry the daughter. Also prohibited for you are the women who were married to your genetic sons. Also, you shall not be married to two sisters at the same time - but do not break up existing marriages. God is Forgiver, Most Merciful.

May the Almighty Allah have mercy on us to forgive our sins and guide us all to the true path
of Islam as per the Koran.  

Islam

Azam Mohammaed