okay so that 4 questions sorry its a lot but I am getting married to a Muslim man and I want to respect the new Muslim religion I am converting to.

1) so it's true I hear you can't have sex till your married but I am curious what am i to do when I need to please my husband but I don't feel like having sex

2) what type of clothing should i wear as to follow and respect being Muslim

3) what times do we pray and do I need a mat

4) how do the wedding ceremony work (please give  a detailed explanation )

insha Allah

Pleasing him is to please yourself first.
In the bedroom you can wear lingerie.
Dressing outside requires modest dresses if you do not want to wear the hijab.
five times a day we pray and you can have prayer mat or just seek a clean piece of cloth or carpet.

Weddings are elaborate celebrations depending on the culture of the groom. Its basically consnet between you two with an Imam reciting verses of the Quran and translating it's messages and this is done infront of the people. You will recieve a gift called a maher as a token that he will take care of you.

Good luck!

see my book on Intimacy at

Imam Habeeb

Being an Educator of Islamic Studies and Interfaith discussions for the past 25 years and having authored seventeen books and numerous articles on Islam - I think I can answer questions on Islam and other religions and issues of the Hanafi jurisprudence as well as general questions on Quran and Sharia. Love, sex and marital problems are some such topics! This is an independent volunteering service and not under any organizational banner that I may be affiliated with. My book- Intimacy and the Sacred talks about Sex and Muslims.

I have helped thousands of people who are troubled both in life experiences and lack of proper Islamic knowledge.

Latest book Five White Roses and A Red a book of Poetry dedicated to my mother.

Muslims and Non Muslims. I love Interfaith activities.
Youths and issues of generational gap are my areas too. Families under stress.